Posted Mar 14
Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
This employer requests that only candidates in Netherlands apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not Netherlands, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Ambitious Data Engineers wanted
For one of the biggest multinational E-commerce companies based in Amsterdam I am looking for several big data engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to work on large pieces of innovative technology touch many customers across the globe. This is a freelance assignment for about 6 months with the possibility to extend.
Our client is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Their sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. With eleven brands they span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and impact many customers across the globe. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites. You would be responsible for driving a capability such as customer identity, taxonomy or inventory.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Collaborate with other team members and engineers
- Ensure code quality and maintainability
- Coach and mentor junior members of your team
- Improve agile development and continuous delivery
- Min. 5 years experience within development
- Work experience with Scala, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Flink
- Work experience with machine learning, deep learning, and/or others data science tools
- Work experience with Cassandra
- Great analytical & problem solving skills
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment
What the company offers you:
- Excellent workplace in Amsterdam
- Free Snacks & Drinks, subsidized Lunch in the cafeteria
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
- Great opportunities for development by attending conferences, trainings and the organisation of meetups and hackathons
Looking to leave your footprint in global E-commerce?
Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell and share anything around the world?
Respond ASAP with your latest resume through:
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
Other Pay Info: Negotiable