Prestigious Organization is seeking an Agile Program Manager. Looking for a candidate with experience overseeing a transformation from waterfall to agile, someone who can manage multiple projects. This role is 10% travel and we are looking for someone with 7 years program management and 3 years of deriving agile projects experience.
Key responsibilities of the role will include (but are not limited to):
1. Manage multiple project deliveries from initiation through to deploy and close.
2. Managing projects in an Agile development environment eg SCRUM or XP
3. Responsible for third party vendor management.
4. Customize solutions for complex issues typically involving DCIO or enterprise level considerations.
5. Drive achievement of projects/program success factors.
6. Represent the projects/program and its objectives in all governance/compliance/regulatory and gating forums.
7. Drive project execution. Provide direction and oversight throughout project life cycle to project team to meet applicable business requirements.
8. Engage appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation.
9. Assess and report health of all projects in an objective manner, maintaining project transparency and accurate status; keeping manager, delivery area and portfolio manager informed.
10. Proactively identify, resolve, and escalate (as needed) projects/program risks/issues to manager, portfolio manager and delivery area as needed.
11. Proactively plan staffing and make dynamic adjustments to maximize resource efficiencies and achieve project results.
12. Maintain resource allocation throughout the project.
13. Act as an internal advocate for the project.
14. Identify, coordinate, and communicate project dependency impact.
15. Responsible for third party vendor management.
16. Coordinate, document, and communicate project plans and requirements.
17. Provide feedback on team member competencies.
18. Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the projects/program delivers them; driving adjustments in projects/program to more effectively achieve desired business results.
19. Ability to adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside the projects/program.
20. Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute on these strategies to avoid issues.
21. Ability to lead across a wide variety of project types.
22. Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time.
Hours of work
Standard business hours Mon - Fri
Flexibility to meet business needs as required
Have minimum of 7 years relevant industry experience as a Program Manager. 3 years of Agile deliver work
Have familiarity with MS Project and MS Project Web Access (PRISM/PWA); and
Have familiarity with agile project management tools such as Jira and/or Tracker; and
Agile Methodology certification eg Certified Scrum Master (SCM); and
Have an understanding of the SDLC and/or IELC, and PMO processes; and
Relevant project management certification ie PRINCE, PMP; and
Have familiarity of scaled agile frameworks ie SAFe, LeSS; and
Minimal Travel Required (Flexibility to meet business needs)
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Pay: $100,000 to $120,000 USD
Pay Period: Annual
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Curious Cat Management Improvement